Posts for tag: Preventive Care
Need advice from your Lincoln, NE, dentist?
Dental hygiene is an essential preventative care habit for your oral health. Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Wubbels give tips on maintaining good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
How to Care for Your Teeth:
Here's what your Lincoln dentist advises:
- Drink fluoride-containing water and fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash to help repair teeth
- Brush teeth at least twice a day
- Stop chewing tobacco and smoking
- Professional dental cleanings to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on and around teeth and gums
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris
- Avoid drinking too much coffee and tea
- Dental checkups every six months to examine teeth and gums for cavities
Dental Procedures You May Need:
- Crowns: Crowns completely cover a tooth and are used if a tooth is weakened by a crack, fracture, large filling or root canal treatment.
- Root Canal Therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected and sealed to prevent any more bacteria from entering.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
- Dental Implants: A titanium implant is inserted in your jaw to fuse with bone and replace damaged/decayed tooth roots. An abutment and crown are placed on top to finish the procedure.
- Fillings: Decay is removed from your teeth and your dentist replaces decay with composite, or porcelain fillings that match the rest of your teeth.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like dents, crack and yellowed teeth.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions, or concerns, about good preventative care habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call Drs. Greg Blome and Sara Wubbels at their Lincoln, NE, office at (402) 483-7000 today!