Posts for tag: Braces
Have you been wondering if braces would improve your smile? Orthodontic treatment can help you feel more confident about your appearance and correct issues that affect your bite. Lincoln, NE, dentists Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Wubbels help your family maintain healthy smiles with a range of dental services and treatments.
Who can benefit from braces?
Braces may be a good choice if:
- Your teeth are crooked: No matter how crooked your smile, orthodontic treatment from your Lincoln dentist can help. Braces exert constant pressure on teeth, which slowly realigns them. At the end of your treatment, you won't recognize your straight smile.
- Spacing is a problem: Whether your teeth are crowded or there are large gaps between them, braces can improve your smile.
- You have a bite problem: Braces correct mild to severe bite problems, including underbites, overbites, crossbites, and open bites.
- You've experienced damage due to an orthodontic issue: Bite problems aren't just a cosmetic issue. When your teeth don't line up properly when you chew, you may experience damage to your teeth, gums, or lips. Lacerations, eroding enamel, and gum erosion are all common consequences of bite problems. If you don't improve your bite, you're more likely to experience dental problems. Enamel erosion can increase your risk of tooth decay, while gum erosion may boost the chance that you'll develop gum disease. Orthodontic treatment improves your bite and helps you avoid the unpleasant consequences of bite problems.
- Eating or speaking is difficult: Misaligned teeth may make it difficult to bite into foods or chew them thoroughly. Gastrointestinal problems can occur if you swallow foods without chewing them well first. Clear speech requires a complex interaction between your lips, teeth, and tongue. If your teeth are misaligned, you may have difficulty pronouncing some sounds clearly. Braces offer a simple way to improve your speech.
- Your teeth have shifted: Has your smile changed over the years? It's not unusual to notice a little movement in your teeth in adulthood. Fortunately, orthodontic treatment can restore the smile you've grown to love.
Enhance your appearance with braces! Call Lincoln, NE, dentists Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Wubbels at (402) 483-7000 to schedule your appointment.
Is your smile less attractive than it could be? Many people are unhappy with the way their permanent teeth have come in: crooked, gapped, overlapped or misshapen. At Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE, Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Blome-Wubbles, have the skills and expertise necessary to help you achieve a more attractive and healthier smile with braces. Learn how braces can help you in this post.
How do braces work?
There are a variety of styles of braces, but their function is basically the same. Your dentist will adjust each section of the braces that makes contact with each tooth to place a certain amount of pressure on it; adjustments take place anywhere from once a week to once a month. These adjustments will gradually shift your teeth into the correct position.
How long do I have to wear braces?
Every patient is understandably anxious to see their results after their braces regimen is finished, but the amount of time it takes may vary. There are a number of factors that go into how long you'll need braces, one of the main ones being your age. Your Lincoln dentist explains that younger people have a more malleable bone structure, meaning that their teeth are likely to move more readily than an adult's. On average, our patients can count on wearing their braces for at least a year.
What are the advantages of wearing braces?
When braces from your dentist give you a beautifully-straightened smile, you're likely to feel more confident about your appearance and interacting with others. Straight teeth are perceived by others as being a measure of success, happiness, even trustworthiness, and making a good first impression is essential. Braces also make it less likely that you'll have problems with plaque and tartar buildup. That's because when they're properly aligned, teeth are easier to brush and floss. Crowded or spaced apart-teeth can trap food and make it very difficult for a toothbrush or floss to reach them effectively.
To learn more about how braces can improve the way you look and feel in the new year, contact Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE and ask to set up an appointment today!
How braces from your Lincoln dentists can improve your smile
If nature didn’t give you a straight smile, braces could be the answer you’ve been looking for. When you think of braces, it’s easy to imagine bulky, ugly metal brackets and wires, but today’s braces are different. Your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE, want to help you discover what modern orthodontic treatment can do for you and why braces could be the answer.
So why is having a straight smile so important? When your teeth are straight, your smile is more cosmetically beautiful. You want people to notice the beauty and warmth of your smile, not your crooked teeth! Your smile is an important part of who you are and how you appear to the world, and you want your smile to be straight and harmonious.
Enhancing your appearance isn’t the only reason you want a straight smile. When your teeth are straight, you can keep your smile healthy. It’s much easier to floss when your teeth are correctly positioned. You can reach difficult access areas where bacteria can hide. Bacterial plaque is what causes tooth decay, gum disease and periodontal disease. When you can clean your teeth more easily, you will clean more thoroughly in less time.
When you have orthodontic treatment, one of the main goals is to align your jaws correctly. When you bite with correct alignment, it prevents excessive trauma to your jaws and facial structure. Eliminating trauma can prevent jaw pain, earaches, headaches and TMJ problems.
There are many reasons why braces could be the answer for you. There are also many different types of braces to choose from. Consider:
- Metal brackets with ultra-thin wires (conventional braces)
- Clear plastic brackets with tooth-colored wires
- Ceramic brackets with tooth-colored wires
You don’t have to settle for the smile nature gave you. You can improve your smile quickly with orthodontic treatment. Talk with the experts and call your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE. Call today and find out why braces could be the answer for you!
How your smile can benefit from orthodontic treatment from your Lincoln dentist.
You look at your crowded teeth and wonder if you should get braces. Chances are braces can help your smile tremendously, especially with today’s modern orthodontic treatments. A straight, beautiful smile can increase your confidence, and make you feel better about yourself. Your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry, in Lincoln, Nebraska, want you to know all about how braces can help your smile.
Your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry can correct most cosmetic and functional dental issues with the right orthodontic treatment. You should get braces if you have:
- Overlapped or crowded teeth
- Gapped or unevenly spaced teeth
- Twisted or rotated teeth
You can especially benefit from braces if you have bite problems including open bite, crossbite, underbite or overbite. A poorly aligned bite can result in jaw problems such as temporomandibular joint dysfunction, excessive tooth wear and tooth trauma resulting in the need for restorations or root canal treatment.
Your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry offer a full range of orthodontic services to fit your cosmetic needs, schedule and budget. Consider:
- Conventional braces, using metal wires and brackets
- Plastic brackets and ultra-thin wires, for a natural look
- Lingual braces, attached to the back of your teeth
Six-Month Smiles is also offered by your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry. This orthodontic treatment is streamlined to only take a matter of months and uses clear braces, virtually invisible to others. According to the makers of Six-Month smiles, you will experience:
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Virtually invisible treatment
- Conservative, predictable results
- Fast, comfortable appointments
- Comfort, safety and ease of hygiene
- Less expense than conventional braces, aligners or veneers
For more information on Six-Month Smiles and amazing before and after photos, please visit the Six-Month Smiles website at http://www.6monthsmiles.com/pages/patient_home/patient_stories.aspx.
Whether you should get braces is not a decision you need to make alone. Talk with the experts, your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry. You deserve a straight, beautiful smile so it’s time to call your dentists at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, Nebraska. Find out if you should get braces by calling today!
Are your child's teeth crooked, gapped or crowded? If so, a visit to your family dentist at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln for braces may be in your near future, and it may be sooner than you might think. Even if your child is still quite young, dentists such as Greg Blome, DDS and Sara Wubbels, DDS are seeing children earlier and earlier these days. Here's what you can expect.
First Orthodontic Screening
According to the American Association for Orthodontics, your child should visit a dentist for a check-up no later than age seven. Even if your child's mouth appears to be fine, your child's family dentist in Lincoln may spot underlying or developing problems that could become a concern later on. By bringing your child to see a Lincoln dentist early, your family can prepare in advance to receive the best treatment possible.
Beginning Orthodontics Treatment
The best time for your child to actually begin orthodontic treatment will vary based on a few factors, such as the severity of the problem, the dentist's preferred technique, and your family's preferences. Traditionally, treatment with braces begins after age eight, when your child has lost the majority of his or her baby teeth and the permanent ones have come in, but your dentist may have valid reasons you should begin treatment early or wait.
When to Seek Early Dental Treatment
If your child is experiencing pain or complications due to extended thumb sucking or pacifier use, early or late tooth loss, mouth breathing, or if your child's jaw shifts or makes sounds, your child may need dental treatment earlier rather than later. Talk to your family dentist at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln to learn more.
The decision of when to have your child start braces can be a difficult one to make, especially since there are so many pros and cons to both early and delayed treatment. Thankfully, it's a choice you don't have to make alone. Bring your child in to see Dr. Blome or Dr. Wubbels at Blome Family Dentistry in Lincoln, and your child's family dentist will help you make the right choice for you.