Have you been wondering if braces would improve your smile? Orthodontic treatment can help you feel more confident about your appearance and correct issues that affect your bite. Lincoln, NE, dentists Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Wubbels help your family maintain healthy smiles with a range of dental services and treatments.
Who can benefit from braces?
Braces may be a good choice if:
- Your teeth are crooked: No matter how crooked your smile, orthodontic treatment from your Lincoln dentist can help. Braces exert constant pressure on teeth, which slowly realigns them. At the end of your treatment, you won't recognize your straight smile.
- Spacing is a problem: Whether your teeth are crowded or there are large gaps between them, braces can improve your smile.
- You have a bite problem: Braces correct mild to severe bite problems, including underbites, overbites, crossbites, and open bites.
- You've experienced damage due to an orthodontic issue: Bite problems aren't just a cosmetic issue. When your teeth don't line up properly when you chew, you may experience damage to your teeth, gums, or lips. Lacerations, eroding enamel, and gum erosion are all common consequences of bite problems. If you don't improve your bite, you're more likely to experience dental problems. Enamel erosion can increase your risk of tooth decay, while gum erosion may boost the chance that you'll develop gum disease. Orthodontic treatment improves your bite and helps you avoid the unpleasant consequences of bite problems.
- Eating or speaking is difficult: Misaligned teeth may make it difficult to bite into foods or chew them thoroughly. Gastrointestinal problems can occur if you swallow foods without chewing them well first. Clear speech requires a complex interaction between your lips, teeth, and tongue. If your teeth are misaligned, you may have difficulty pronouncing some sounds clearly. Braces offer a simple way to improve your speech.
- Your teeth have shifted: Has your smile changed over the years? It's not unusual to notice a little movement in your teeth in adulthood. Fortunately, orthodontic treatment can restore the smile you've grown to love.
Enhance your appearance with braces! Call Lincoln, NE, dentists Dr. Greg Blome and Dr. Sara Wubbels at (402) 483-7000 to schedule your appointment.